Nursing Home Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, Florida
The Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Rosenburg, PLLC is a nursing home injury lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida that works with clients whose loved ones have been hurt while in the care of a nursing home. If your loved one was injured in a nursing home, either due to a slip and fall injury, due to an accidental overdose or missed dose of medication, or due to another accident that took place at the nursing home, the Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Rosenberg, PLLC in Boca Raton, Florida may be able to help you.
Common Nursing Home Injuries in Boca Raton, Florida
Injuries can be caused due to many factors. Negligence on the part of staff, staff ratios that aren’t sufficient to care for residents, and institutional issues within the nursing home can contribute to accidents. What are some common nursing home injuries in Boca Raton, Florida?
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, one out of four elderly people suffer falls every year, and one out of five of these falls results in a serious injury. While the elderly are prone to falls, nursing homes have a special responsibility to protect their residents from these injuries. So, if your loved one suffered a fall while under the watch of a nursing home, you and your family may be able to seek damages from the nursing home for your loved one’s medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and other losses.
- Bed Sores. Nursing homes need to properly care for bed-bound patients. Patients who are bed-bound may need additional care, exercises to prevent atrophy, and may need to be regularly moved to prevent the formation of potentially dangerous bed sores.
- Dehydration or malnutrition. When nursing homes fail to properly feed their residents, the diets they need, they can suffer from injuries and disease stemming from dehydration and malnutrition.
- Infections and Illnesses, like COVID-19. Nursing homes have a responsibility to prevent infections and illness, and have measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in their nursing homes. The Centers for Disease Control, for example, recommends that facilities have one individual in charge of handling the facility’s COVID-19 safety plan and response. The Centers for Disease Control has also released recommendations for how nursing homes should work to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among residents and how to mitigate the spread should someone in the nursing home contract COVID-19.
- Bruises and Broken Bones, including Broken Hips. Individuals who suffer falls or even physical abuse at the hands of nursing home staff might experience serious injuries like broken bones, unexplained bruises, and broken hips.
These are just some of the types of nursing home injuries individuals might suffer. Individuals can also suffer psychological injuries in a nursing home. Signs of psychological disturbance can include withdrawal from friends or family, changes in mood or behavior, isolation, or sudden silence on the part of your family member regarding discussing life in the nursing home. All nursing homes injuries are serious, including the invisible ones.
The Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Rosenberg, PLLC is a nursing home injury law firm in Boca Raton, Florida that works with victims and families to help them seek justice for nursing home neglect and abuse. If you or someone you love was hurt in a nursing home, you may be able to seek justice for your family member. Reach out to the Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Rosenberg, PLLC today.
How a Nursing Home Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida Can Help You
How can a nursing home injury lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida help you? Our nursing home injury lawyers can review data on the nursing home where your loved one was hurt and can compare your case to other cases we’ve handled to help you understand your options and rights. The Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Rosenberg, PLLC can review your situation, review your loved one’s injuries, and pursue your case inside or outside of court. By holding your loved one’s nursing home accountable for your injuries, you send a strong message to nursing homes in your community—they have a responsibility to care for the elderly, have a responsibility to hire caring and compassionate staff, and must take steps to prevent the spread of illness and disease in their facilities.
During this time of COVID-19 families may wonder if they have any rights if their loved one became seriously ill while in the care of a nursing home. If a nursing home failed to take precautions or hid information from you and your family, you may have options under the law. Reach out to the Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Rosenberg, PLLC, a nursing home law firm in Boca Raton, Florida today to learn more about your rights.